SINCE I last wrote to you in May 2022, South Gippsland Hospital has continued to provide high quality and safe care to our community, thanks to both State and Commonwealth Governments grants, the leadership of our Board and Executive, our wonderful team of staff and volunteers, and many other supporters, such as our community.
Key achievements over the last year have included:
- Receiving 100% in our accreditation process (July 2022)
- Being a finalist in the Small Health Service of the Year Premier’s Award
- Providing Acute and Community Care services during COVID-19 surge events
- Meeting community needs in the context of higher activity levels in our Urgent Care, and Home Care Packages
- Implementing an additional 3 nurses per day on our ward, due to changes in the Safe Patient Care Act
- Growing our Community Care services, with new and expanded services
- Investing in Capital Projects and Asset Replacement ($1m)
- Strengthening our Partnerships, like with the Royal Flying Doctor Service Community Transport Program and our consumers, who have help us design new services (GEM@Home and the Positive Ageing Service)
- Strengthening our engaged and stable workforce by the:
- introduction of Nurse Practitioners in the Urgent Care through high seasons, Registered Undergraduate Student of Nursing positions, an Enrolled Nurse graduate year, an Enrolled Nurse to Registered Nurse transition program, Data Officer roles, a Clinical Coding course sponsorship and project roles to support reform directives
- expansion of the Graduate Nurse year positions, and the Workplace Trainer Role,
- continuation of providing a cook traineeship, Registered Nurse Refresher Program, Post Graduate Midwifery Program and staff wellbeing initiatives to keep our strong positive culture and maintain our top of the state, high-safety culture.
Thank you for your support and commitment to our hospital to help us achieve these results.
If your circumstances permit, I ask that you consider a donation to the South Gippsland Hospital at this time. Donations of any size are welcome and receipts will be provided to enable you to claim a tax deduction.
Thank you again for your support in the past and I am happy to speak with you should you wish to discuss anything further. I wish you and your loved ones good health.
Chief Executive Officer, South Gippsland Hospital