HAVE a great time over Easter by getting out and enjoying a drive, a walk, discovering scenery, art, action and much, much more.
WARATAH Bay: The annual ‘Back To’ Charlie Brown’s Family Picnic Day at Waratah Bay offers heaps of fun for all the family on Easter Saturday, kicking off with a sand castle competition and an Easter egg hunt. (Assemble on beach at 9am for a 9.30am start). Entertainment, refreshments and registration will take place from 10am.
COAL Creek, Korumburra: Family Day – 10am to 4pm. Easter egg hunt $5pp), non-denominational Church service at Coal Creek Church, story telling ($2), free family fun games, meet the Easter Bunny. Lucky door prizes.
Markets and sales
THE Promontory Home Produce and Craft Market will be held Easter Sunday at the Foster Showgrounds and has over 250 stalls offering home produce, arts and crafts and plants. Food and refreshments will be available.
CHECK out page 24 for all the details on the numerous garage sales to be held in the area over Easter, and have a great time fossicking around for a bargain. A special garage sale will be held by staff from the Foster and Toora medical centres on Easter Sunday from 8am in the carpark of the pathology building (opposite the Medical Centre in Station Road, Foster). Proceeds of the sale will go towards the Emergency Needs Fund which helps support those in the community who are in need.
Local football commences on Saturday with Foster and Fish Creek clashing at the Foster Showgrounds under lights. Junior matches will commence from 1.30 in the afternoon for netball and 2.15pm for football.
Entertainment, Food and Drink
WINDY Ridge Closing Down Sale, at the Cellar Door on Easter Saturday, Sunday and Monday 10am to 5pm offers some terrific deals. Visit www.windyridgewinery.
com.au for further information.
THE Grand Ole Factory Band will be playing at the Foster Golf Club on Easter Saturday from 8pm to 11pm. Meals and courtesy bus available.
Art shows and exhibitions
- STOCKYARD Gallery, corner Main and McDonald streets, Foster: Artworks by 11 artists from the Latrobe Valley feature in ‘The Hazelwood Perspective.’ Open daily (closed Good Friday) from 10am to 4pm.
- FOSTER Historical Museum: ‘South Gippsland At War – Anzac Centenary 1914 – 1918’ is on display daily through the holidays (closed Good Friday) from 11am to 4pm.
- TOORA Village Studio Gallery, 25 Stanley Street, Toora: An exhibition by Karen Gingell entitled ‘transitions. Open Easter Saturday through to April 30. Official opening Easter Saturday 3pm to 5pm. All welcome. Refreshments provided.
- GECKO Studio Gallery, 15 Falls Road, Fish Creek: ‘the whole shebang – a survey of recent works’ by Susan Quinn. Open Thursday to Monday (including Good Friday) 10am to 4pm.
- SANDY Point: The Sandy Point Easter Art Show will be held at the Sandy Point Community Centre Easter from 10am to 5pm Saturday through to Monday, featuring paintings, photography, mixed media and sculpture. The official opening will be held Saturday at 2pm. Morning and afternoon teas available.
- SANDY Point: ‘Painting, here and There,’ by Mary Shaw features watercolours, pastels and pen & wash created on-site during her recent trip to Portugal and Italy. Open daily 9.30am to 5.30pm.
- THE Hub, Falls Road, Fish Creek: ‘The Art of Certain Women’ will be on display daily from 10.30am to 4pm, featuring artwork by Gillian Carpenter, Ann Parry, Susan Hall, Mandy Gunn, Anne Pinkstone, Rhonda Mayo and Ann Slater in the mediums of paintings, drawings, mixed media, photography and sculpture.
- CELIA Rosser Gallery, Fish Creek: The gallery, in association with the Monash Museum of Art, presents ‘The Banksias – Volume III.’ The gallery is open Thursday to Sunday 10am to 4pm.
- YARRAM Courthouse Gallery: ‘Washed Up,’ features artwork created from beach litter to highlight the devastating impact of waste on our beaches and oceans. Open Thursday April 2 to 28 with official opening on Good Friday at 5.30pm to 7.30pm All welcome to come along to hear announcement of prizes.