OVER the past 12 months South Gippsland Shire Council has upgraded a number of sporting facilities to support the requirements of our local sporting groups.
This week, Council officially launched nine recently completed sporting facility upgrades at the Loch and District Bowling Club.
The sporting facilities were officially opened by Tom McIntosh MP Member for Eastern Victoria Region, Mayor Cr Nathan Hersey, South Gippsland Shire Council Chief Executive Officer Kerryn Ellis and Sue Loughridge Secretary of the Loch District Bowling Club.
The total value of the projects was approximately $2.4 million and has been funded through the contributions of Victorian Government ($1.2 million), Australian Government ($366,000), South Gippsland Shire Council ($599,000), and local sporting clubs ($280,000).
The sporting facilities include:
- John Terrill Park Recreation Reserve (Fish Creek) Oval Lighting Upgrade
- Foster Showgrounds Electronic Scoreboard
- Foster Showgrounds Oval Upgrade and Irrigation
- Korumburra Recreation Reserve Lighting Upgrade
- Loch Bowls Club Synthetic Green Installation
- Meeniyan Recreation Reserve Goal Posts replacement
- Meeniyan Recreation Reserve Lighting Upgrade
- Toora Recreation Reserve Lighting Upgrade
- Walter J Tuck (Mirboo North) Recreation Reserve Lighting Upgrade
Cr Nathan Hersey, Mayor South Gippsland Shire Council said, “Our community sporting facilities represent more than just a place to play sport; they foster health, wellness and social connection. It is evident that our region has a strong sporting identity and I am pleased that Council has helped to deliver this impressive suite of projects that will aid the continual growth of our sporting communities. We thank the Victorian and Australian Governments for their generous contributions to these projects.”