The Mirror News

Police report

Firm action on neighbourhood disturbance

AT 3.10AM last Sunday police were called to Dutton Street, Toora, in relation to another complaint of a noisy party at this residence. Police have previously issued one of the occupants with a directive to abate residential noise.

Upon the arrival of the police at the scene, a 25-year-old Yanakie man was detected urinating in the street and given an on-the-spot fine for $478 and a 22-year-old Toora man was fined $239 for using indecent language. A vehicle which was parked on the wrong side of the road at this location was issued with a $72 parking fine. The occupier of the residence was given an on-the-spot fine of $597 for failing to abate residential noise.

“The local people in this area are sick and tired of the noise and the behaviour of the people leaving these premises. This is a clear message to the occupiers and people having parties of what to expect in the future,” said Foster police sergeant Neil Coates.


BETWEEN 9pm on January 13 and 8am on January 14 three fishing boats tied up at the Port Welshpool jetty were let loose by someone cutting one rope and untying others. The boats were fortunately located by passersby before they could be damaged.

“This is the second such incident to occur in the past few months. It is totally negligent behaviour that could lead to major damage to fishing structures and/or boats and potential loss of life if there were people sleeping on one of the boats,” said police sergeant Coates.


POLICE attended a single vehicle accident on the Meeniyan-Promontory Road near Boys Road at 3pm on January 10. A vehicle travelling in a westerly direction had left the road and struck a tree. As a result a 63-year-old Ashburton woman, who had been driving the car, was airlifted to The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne. Her 64-year-old husband was treated at the scene for minor injuries. Fish Creek Road Rescue Unit attended the accident scene to assist with extracting the driver from the vehicle.


AT 3PM last Thursday, January 13, police were conducting a road block in the Foster area when they detected a 41-year-old Mirboo North man driving without a licence and he was fined $299. A subsequent breath test revealed that the driver had a blood alcohol reading of 0.136 and for this he was fined $508 and had his licence cancelled and disqualified for 13 months.


IN THE last week or so police at Foster, Toora and Tidal River have been disappointed that they have had to issue a total of 14 penalty notices for a range of driving offences. These include speeding, reversing when unsafe, driving an unregistered vehicle, failure to display L plates, failure to stop at a stop sign and failure to wear seat belts.


AROUND 6.30pm last Saturday, police intercepted a vehicle at Tidal River and charged the driver, a 22-year-old man from Melbourne, with exceeding the proscribed concentration of alcohol. This resulted in the man losing his licence for six months and being required to pay a $300 fine.


Comments are disallowed for this post.

Comments are closed.