OVER the past few weeks, we have seen strong representation from South Gippsland in a range of award ceremonies.
South Gippsland Shire would firstly like to congratulate Marty Thomas — owner of Moos at Meeniyan — for winning the Mainstreet Australia Champion Award 2021. Congratulations also to Mirboo Country Development Inc for being a finalist in the Mainstreet Australia awards for their Revitalising Ridgway project.
The Food and Fibre Gippsland Awards have also been held where every South Gippsland finalist took home an award. Congratulations to the following winners:
- Gurneys Cider — Gippsland Agribusiness of the Year and Building Capability Awards.
- Shelley Walker from South Gippsland Dairy — Female Agribusiness Leader of the Year Award.
- Prom Coast Food Collective — Sustainability Award.
- Burra Brewing Co. — Food and Drink Manufacturing (fewer than 10 employees) Award.
- Burra Foods — Food and Drink Manufacturing (more than 10 employees) Award.
We would also like to congratulate Tamsin Carvan — owner of The Borough Dept. Store in Korumburra — for winning the Shine Award 2021. The Shine Awards are run annually by The Weekly Times, supported by Harvey Norman, and celebrate the passion, dedication, spirit, belief, grace and courage of women across rural and regional Australia.
Congratulations to all and thank you for representing our community on all the respective stages.