The Mirror News

First outing for pumpers

The new Foster and Toora CFA pumpers had their first outings when they attended a fire in a Toora house early last Tuesday afternoon. However, there were no flames and little water was required at the scene.

A couple of CFA officers used the hooligan bar and axe which came with the pumpers to break in through the back door of the smoke-filled house. The smoke was reported by neighbours shortly after 1pm. It originated from a pot of oil which was simmering on a hot stove. The fire officers wore breathing apparatus and took the pot outside – along with a cat and some caged birds – and the smoke gradually dispersed.

A subsequent investigation found that the stove dial had been faulty and had indicated incorrectly when the owner left the house that the stove was off.

Discussion

Comments are disallowed for this post.

Comments are closed.

Categories

Coming events