INVESTIGATORS have concluded that an electrical fault was responsible for a fire which destroyed a house in Harding Lawson Road, Fish Creek, last Wednesday evening. The owner was on holiday overseas and nobody was in the house at the time.
At about 7.30pm Fish Creek fire brigade was alerted to the fire by a neighbour who saw flames shooting from the old style Hardiplank house. Fish Creek CFA received assistance from Foster CFA, but the house was fully alight by the time the fire fighters arrived and there was little they could do. They managed to remove a couple of gas bottles from the conflagration, but the house was completely destroyed.
Police were called from Foster and the Wonthaggi Criminal Investigation Unit and the next day fire investigators attended the scene.