The Mirror News


POLICE have found drugs in vehicles in the local area on two occasions recently.

In the first incident, at 5.52pm last Wednesday, police observed a car drive through the stop sign at the intersection of Main St and Station Road, Foster. Police followed the car down Station Road. It was being driven at 70kmh in a 50 kmh zone and was intercepted, whereupon the driver, a 27-year-old man from Toora North, was found to be unlicensed. A small amount of cannabis was located in the vehicle. The driver was arrested and conveyed to Foster Police Station and will later be summonsed for failing to stop at a stop sign, speeding, unlicensed driving and using and possessing cannabis.

Then at 10.30pm last Friday, police came across a man seated in a car at Port Welshpool. Approaching the car, police observed an ice pipe on the passenger seat. A subsequent search of the car located a small amount of methyl amphetamine (ice).  A 39-year-old man from Traralgon was arrested and interviewed at Foster Police Station. He will be summonsed to court at a later date to face charges of use and possession of methyl amphetamine (ice).



SOME time between March 18 and April 4 unknown offenders broke into an old bank which had been converted into a weekender in Stanley Street, Toora. The offenders forced a door to gain entry. A number of personal items were stolen. Anyone who saw anything suspicious is asked to contact local police or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.



POLICE issued three penalty notices in Foster last Friday.

At 12.54pm a 39-year-old man from Elsternwick was intercepted driving in Main Street, Foster.  He was found not to have changed his address with VicRoads within 14 days.  He was issued with an infringement notice, including a fine of $152.

At 1.20pm a 45-year-old Port Franklin man was intercepted driving in Station Road, Foster, and issued with an infringement notice, including a fine of $303 and three demerit points for failing to stop at the Stop sign at the intersection of Main Street and Station Road.

Then twenty minutes later a 59-year-old woman from Warrandyte was intercepted at the same place and received the same fine. She also had failed to stop at the Stop sign.


Comments are disallowed for this post.

Comments are closed.