THIS year, the Foster and District Historical Society have an exhibition featuring Immigration to South Gippsland. This has inspired an Australia Day event which is quite different, as it celebrates our immigrants to Corner Inlet.
The Museum will have free entry 11am-3pm.
- 1.00-3.00pm Children’s activities – colour ins and activities and a range of books in languages other than English
- 2.00 p.m. Parade of children and adults in national costumes (awards provided)
- 1.00-3.00pm Irish Band providing fun music
- 1.00-3.00pm Afternoon tea featuring “Aussie”, Italian, English and Dutch finger food, and cordials
Latte Dah cafe will be open for hot drinks
Everyone is most welcome to join in this free afternoon of food, fun and activities.
Contact: Prue Fleming 0418 775 717.
- 9.00am – 11.00am Australia Day Breakfast Activities
Meeniyan Hall, Whitelaw Street
- Flag raising and presentation ceremony acknowledging our Meeniyan award nominees
- Entertainment by the Black Notes
- Guest speakers: Readings from local identities and the Meeniyan Primary School
- Free Meeniyan muffin breakfast by the CFA
- Cuppa by the CWA
Contact: Tarnya Wilson 0427 647 473.
- 11.00am – 2.00pm Australia Day Family Day
- Children’s yard games
- Jumping castle
- Raffle prizes drawn on day
Contact: Madelaine Mason 0409 976 211.