The amendment to the South Gippsland Planning Scheme which incorporates the new Rural Land Use Strategy is known as Amendment C63. It “implements the key recommendations and policies of the South Gippsland Rural Land Use Strategy 2011. More specifically, the amendment:
- Revises Clause 22.08 Rural Dwellings Policy and Clause 22.09 Rural Subdivision Policy.
- Introduces Clause 22.10 Rural Activity Zone Policy.
- Rezones land in seven localities to the Rural Activity Zone.
- Deletes the ‘Shire of South Gippsland Incorporated Document 2010 – Rural Areas’ from the Clause 52.03 Specific sites and exclusions schedule and the Clause 81.01 Incorporated documents schedule.
- Makes incidental changes to the Municipal Strategic Statement to achieve consistency with the new local policies and Rural Activity Zone application.
The Rural Land Use Strategy August 2011 was adopted on 24 August 2011 and approved by the Minister on 8 March 2012.
According to the council the Draft Rural Land Use Strategy for Public Consultation (April 2011), which has now been superceded, still remains relevant as a background document due to the information and analysis it provides.