Businesses indirectly affected by natural disasters, including the recent floods, are now eligible for up to $5000 through the Business Relief Fund.
Eligibility will be determined based on the following criteria:
- Business size: Employ less than 100 full time equivalent employees
- Priority to micro and small businesses employing up to 20 EFTs
- Have an ABN
- Have been operating a business in the affected area up to and including the date of the disaster
- Have an owner/operator who derives at least 51 per cent of his/her income from the business
- Have no ongoing alternative sources of income or adequate insurance (business interruption or continuity)
- Demonstrate significant or total loss of trade since the disaster
- Intend to continue business operations in the same area
- Financially sound prior to the disaster occurring
- Have not received ‘significant’ funding support from other sources, whether government, private or philanthropic.
VECCI is also extending free membership for a period of twelve months to current non-members who apply for relief under the Fund. Businesses have until 31 May 2011 to apply for funding to assist in their recovery. To apply visit the VECCI website or click here to download the application form and fact sheet.