Welcome to the first in an ongoing series of Prom Coast recreational fishing reports
Inside information for fishing enthusiasts
Provided by Foster Kyak and Outdoor, 50 Main Street, Foster. Call: Murray on 0475 473 211
The Prom Coast is one of this State’s most prolific fishing grounds, with commercial fishing contributing around $5 million annually to the region’s economy. Our healthy coastal environment is a magnet for recreational fishers from around the world.
Report as at 16 December 2015
- There are currently good numbers of Schnapper being caught in Corner Inlet with Franklin channel and adjacent Benninson spit
- Large Gummy sharks are being picked up on the edge of the channels
- King George Whiting are fishing well on the weed beds off Port Welshpool, Shallow Inlet and out the back of the breakers at Waratah Bay
- Good numbers of Flathead being picked up throughout the system with some very large models being caught and released!!!!
- We have experienced some of the biggest Snook, hunting in packs of five or more along the edge of the weed beds.
- There are still plenty of Silver Trevally being caught
…. In a nutshell the fishery is very, very healthy this season! Information will be updated as conditions change.