Everyone will be welcome at a public meeting at the Community Health Centre in Foster at 3pm on Monday 29 August, which will launch the Prom Coast U3A, linking participating retirees in our region to the other 97 U3A’s in Victoria and many others worldwide.
A U3A encourages healthy ageing through the sharing of educational, creative and leisure activities. It is a ‘university’ in the original sense of the word: people working together to share knowledge, skills and activities. No qualifications are required or given. Those who teach and those who learn, are all members.
Prom Coast U3A will provide single or multiple sessions and courses on diverse subjects. Those initially on offer are:
- Current Affairs -interactive discussion group
- Personal financial management in troubled economic times
- Numbers – from ancient Babylon to the present
- Causes of the recurring global financial crisis
- Computer first aid – what to do when your PC plays up or fails
- Table Tennis
- Painting with water colours
- Cryptic Crosswords
- Safe Lifting & Handling for older folk
- Portrait Painting
- General Theatre Craft
- Energy Sources
- Mediterranean Healing
- Cake decorating
- Circle Dancing-gentle rhythmic movements, no partner required
- Home ergonomics
- Snake Handling.
- Prospecting for Gold & Gems
Come along, and be part of this exciting new venture in the Corner Inlet District.
Guest speaker Mrs Jean Melzer