- There is a bushfire 4km north of Tidal River that is not yet under control
- The bushfire is currently 54 hectares and is spreading slowly towards Wilsons Promontory Road
- There is a threat the fire may impact Tidal River in the coming days
- For the protection of the community, Wilsons Promontory is now closed
- Staff from Parks Victoria Police, and Forest Fire Management Victoria have successfully evacuated campers and visitors from Wilsons Promontory
- Boat users are reminded that they cannot come ashore as the park is closed.
- It is unlikely that the park will be open for the Labour Day long weekend.
Due to the current fire threat, Wilsons Promontory is closed.